Pup update and how I’m honestly feeling about the new arrival.

New official name is TYSON

Our new puppy previously named ‘Little dude’ by my children, now officially has a name…. (drum roll please).. His name is TYSON. It took my husband nearly three days to pick his name and over them three days the poor pup was called numerous names to try to figure out if they suited him or not. finally earlier this evening Tyson was chosen as his forever name.

If you have read my earlier post when I first introduced the pup, you would have read the reasoning behind getting the puppy, (If you haven’t read it I’ll link it here) It was not my choice to get Tyson but when the litter of pups came up at a good price, mum and dad have pedigree papers (This means they are full rottweiler) my husband just couldn’t help himself. The same day he saw the advert, he went and picked up Tyson.

We were told he was 8 weeks old but he is very small and doesn’t look like an 8 week old rottweiler. Alarm bells started to ring in both of our heads, hubby tried to get hold of the breeder again and asked what his date of birth was. The breeder also told us that they had toilet trained him on puppy pads and he was eating pedigree puppy pouches. I can tell you he is well and truly not toilet trained! we brought the puppy pouches and feed him on that for the first day, however the next day the poor little thing had the biggest upset stomach, even more alarm bells were going off now, luckily he was booked in for a vet check that day any way. Hubby still had no reply from the breeder.


Off to the vets we went, The vet agreed with us, he is too small to be 8 weeks old and has been taken away from his mum too early, the vet has also said he should still probably be drinking partly from his mum and gradually being weaned off. The pedigree puppy pouches are too rich for his little belly and he will have an upset belly for a few days. We have taken him off of all the puppy food and as advised by the vet we are feeding him on chicken and pasta to help settle his belly.

My husband still had no reply from the breeder so he tried reaching her through Facebook and the advert that was on Gumtree. She has blocked my husband on Facebook and has deleted all the adverts on Gumtree so now we can’t get hold of her.

Now, how are I HONESTLY feeling about our new situation, I am very overwhelmed , pissed off and emotional all at the same time.

My heart melts every time I look at Tyson, I miss my other rottweiler so much, she was such a big part of my life, I will always remember a particular day, I was walking her on the green as normal, she was off lead, running around and a random man started walking towards me, from the other side of the green she started bounding towards me and before the man got to me she had sat in front of me and wouldn’t move, as the man got closer she stood up and started to go into protective mode, she had never done this before and I had no idea why she was doing it or what the man wanted, as he got closer, he said  ‘ Sorry love, I only wanted to know what the time was?’ so I told him and he walked away, once he had left the green she ran off and started playing again. The next day I found out I was pregnant with my middle daughter and that’s why she had gone into protective mode. Having Tyson here brings out all those feeling that I had pushed to the back of my brain so I could move on from losing Darcy.

My gorgeous Darcy, she found one of kiras dummies and kept it for ages.

Having a puppy is not as easy as you would think, yes it’s great having a little bundle of joy to play with but when that bundle of joy is not toilet trained it then becomes hard work. Throw in a toddler to the mix and now you have double trouble. Trying to keep an eye on the puppy and a toddler is very tiring because they are both running around and being hectic. Ella absolutely adores Tyson, which brings me to another problem, she will not leave him alone and can sometimes be a bit heavy-handed with him and I have to be on high alert all the time also the toddler is fascinated with the puppy going to the toilet ( Don’t ask me why, I have no clue) we have three other dogs and she is very good and understands she is to go nowhere near their toilets, she is very vocal if I have missed any or Tyson has had an accident that we haven’t noticed.

Now on top of all of that add in my bad leg! Anyone that has ever had a puppy will tell you that when you first wake up, you are 99% of the time greeted with little gifts they have left over night, it’s not their fault they can’t get outside. In one of my previous blog post, My daily routine as a SAHM, I tell you that I am always the first person to wake up in my house. Mornings are always the hardest time of day for me, hence getting up before everyone, so I am feeling very stressed from the moment I wake up because I’m in pain as the painkillers have worn off and I know I now have to go down stairs and clean up after the pup before I can even have a coffee and take my painkillers. This add another half an hour to my morning routine, so instead of getting up at 6am to let the painkillers kick in before the kids get up I now need to get up at 5.30am.


I will be the first to admit I get stressed and overwhelmed very easily and it feels like the last couple of day I’ve been hanging on by my nails. I’m hoping in the next few days things will settle down but right now I probably owe everyone I’ve spoken to recently an apology for being crappy towards them.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s